Five Tips To Reduce or Even Eliminate Pain!
Back pain, neck pain, headaches, fibromyalgia, arthritis…. the list of problems that cause pain are long and distinguished! However, they all end up at the same endpoint…misery. Here are a few helpful hints to help reduce or stop pain:
1. Get a chiropractic check-up! Chiropractic adjustments help the body restore motion to the spinal joints which helps to stop pain. Chiropractic adjustments help your nervous system work in a more balanced fashion, instead of over-firing the pain pathways and also help improve muscle function and release painful spasm. Chiropractic adjustments also help circulate fluids with your joints and discs which can decrease inflammation.
2. Exercise- When you exercise you move multiple joints in your body. Movement of joints releases chemicals (endorphins) that help block pain. Exercise does not have to overly-complicated; in fact, helpful exercise to reduce pain can be as simple as walking. Try to get 20-30 minutes of exercise in daily.
3. Add omega-3 oil to your diet. Omega-3 is best derived from highly purified fish oil. Sounds disgusting but it is not bad taste-wise at all! Omega-3 is highly effective at reducing inflammation without the side-effects of NSAIDS. You’ll also get many other health benefits from adding omega-3 to your diet. Deficiencies of omega-3 have been linked to ADHD, breast, colon and prostate cancers, heart disease, strokes, diabetes, obesity, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, depression, skin disorders, arthritis, and Alzheimers.
4. Laugh. It’s true that laughter is the best medicine. Hang out with your funniest friends, read the comics and/or rent a comedy movie; do whatever it takes to smile, laugh and thereby reduce pain.
5. Reduce your stress. Adding mental stress to a painful physical condition is like pouring gasoline on an already burning fire. Some helpful ways to decrease stress are meditation, exercise, laughter and making a plan to organize disorder, such as writing down a pathway to alleviate your stressors.
Hopefully, if you are reading this you are already a patient in our Sacramento chiropractic office! If not, call for an appointment in our office: (916) 368-1600, so that we may find and provide care for the source of your pain. These tips are not intended to provide diagnosis or treatment specific to your needs or condition…see a local Doctor of Chiropractic for your answers!